Saturday, September 05, 2015

Sew Together

Sometimes there are patterns too strong for me to resist.
Case in point: the Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented.
I've seen the bag all over the internet and eventually I caved in and bought the pattern.
For the outside I've used black and white scraps with a dash of red (using the scrap vortex quilt tutorial by Crazy Mom Quilts)
Inside I made the inner pockets bright and colorful (with matching zippers)
It's a bit fiddly to do in places and the sew along by the Quilt Barn was invaluable.
I'm super happy with the outcome. 
The color selection for bag number two is already in progress. And maybe for bag number three ...

And then there's another project that's all the rage on the 'net (well, at least it was last year - I'm a bit behind with things like this). 
The Tula Pink City Sampler. I've bought the book a couple of months ago and I'm using blue and green solids (I've got a FQ pack last year in the US) plus my blue and green batics. 
Those are the first 15 (out of 100) blocks: I'm now done with the crosses and will start next with rectangles.


2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...


Great Job.

Malinda said...

Congratulations on finishing a Sew Together Bag. That pattern is very intimidating! I received a beautiful on as a gift. That took some of the pressure to make one off me.